
In 2009, the hip hop world at large learned what many in the underground have known for years: IMAKEMADBEATS is a force to be reckoned with. An enigmatic mad scientist in the lab, IMAKEMADBEATS (also known as NeMo) cut his teeth early on as an engineer in NYC’s legendary Quad Studios and would later garner critical acclaim across the board for The Transcontinental (E-1/Koch), his collaborative project with Stones Throw rapper Roc C, (also featuring underground icons Oh No, Rapper Big Pooh, Chino XL, and Wildchild).

To say that IMAKEMADBEATS is prolific in his craft is something of an understatement. “I have around 1600 beats that I still have Pro Tools session files for, around 200-300 beats that I only have 2-track mixes of, and if I had to modestly guess, around 400-500 beats on CDs that never made it out of the beat machine and are on disks,” he says. “A lot of times, beats have taken the place of food. It’s not even that I’m the fastest producer – I’m just producing most of the time.”
Press:
"IMAKEMADBEATS makes sure to live up to his name...and shows why he was chosen to make the beats for the entire [Transcontinental] project." -HipHopDX.com
"Thankfully, IMAKEMADBEATS's name isn't misplaced hubris; [The Transcontinental] is nothing short of a supernova." -URB
"Roc C has discovered a producer who can bring out his best." -REMIX Mag
No comments:
Post a Comment